Today is January 1st, 2014, 44 days after the launch of my podcast.
Since I am posting light this week, I’ll make this quick and painless for everyone ; D
First, let’s take a look at how the 5-day Holiday Blues Special did, now that the holidays are over. The following represent total downloads from the release date, to now:
- December 25th, Episode 1: 1461 downloads
- December 26th, Episode 2: 1256 downloads
- December 27th, Episode 3: 1178 downloads
- December 28th, Episode 4: 1150 downloads
- December 29th, Episode 5: 1826 downloads
Looks like the first two shows started things off OK, then it died down just a tad, showing that not everyone was following the sequence I laid out. However, Episode 5 crushed it! And I’m pretty sure it was because of one change I made. The entire holiday blues special was about the blues, loneliness, and how to get from down and out to cheering up and feeling good. However, I geared episodes 1 to 4 to those who were feeling lonely or blue.
But for episode 5, I geared it towards Happiness. In other words, episodes 1 through 4 had a description that started something like, “Lonely or blue? The show will…” While, the happiness show was just that, I called it The Happiness Episode.
So, note to self: “Happiness” brings in more listeners than ‘blues and loneliness’. Nice! But “stress” still brings in some big download numbers too.
So let’s check out iTunes New and Noteworthy rankings now:
- All of New and Noteworthy: #21 (#35 two days ago)
- Health New and Noteworthy: #2 (#3 two days ago)
- Business New and Noteworthy: #7 (#8 two days ago)
- Education New and Noteworthy: #4 (#4 two days ago)
The continuous fluctuation of N & N makes it almost not worth checking on. However, it is suspected that these rankings coincide with download numbers from 24 to 48 hours ago.
Here are the latest download numbers from libsyn:
- Dec 26: 1759 downloads (New release today)
- Dec 27: 1946 downloads (New release today)
- Dec 28: 1768 downloads (New release today)
- Dec 29: 1480 downloads (New release today)
- Dec 30: 1587 downloads
- Dec 31: 1285 downloads
- Jan 1: 900 downloads
Can you tell the holidays are over? 900 downloads on January 1st (and my most recent shows are all holiday shows). Though, the happiness episode is still doing well!
Total downloads to date: 34,308 (was 30,451 two days ago)
Climbing and climbing. New show comes out on Sunday on a topic I’m really interested in. I will probably take some extra time to create half a show around the interview, because I have so much to say about it. We’ll see! But looking forward to the numbers on that one!
Hybrid Connect Error : Connector could not be found