Today is December 21st, 2013, 33 days after the launch of my podcast.
Been super busy producing the Holiday Blues show. I think I have a good format, but I need to listen to it when I’m done. This is the biggest challenge I’ve had with creating a show thus far. 5 episodes, back to back, with a possibility that the format will not be liked, and very few will download the show. Yikes!
Nothing extraordinary happened today. Though I got a good laugh on a conference call a little earlier. A friend of mine in the mastermind had a conference call over Skype between me, him, and another guy. Well this other guy was new to both of us, so we had no idea what to expect.
It didn’t take long to realize that he couldn’t answer a straight question. Not sure why! You’d ask him about his day, and he would talk about sports. If you said goodbye, he’d start talking about something else. It was odd, and funny. Some people are really wrapped up in their own world.
So let’s get to stats and downloads. I’m excited to compare the following to what goes on Sunday and Monday since the next episode launches Sunday morning at 3:30 AM.
The current iTunes New and Noteworthy rankings:
- All of New and Noteworthy: #34 (#31 yesterday)
- Health New and Noteworthy: #2 (#2 yesterday)
- Business New and Noteworthy: #2 (#5 yesterday)
- Education New and Noteworthy: #2 (#4 yesterday)
The one podcast that has been consistently number one for the last few days is Knowledge for Men. Not sure about the content, but they certainly have found their way to the top for now!
Here are the download numbers in libsyn:
- Dec 15: 1052 downloads (new release)
- Dec 16: 1177 downloads
- Dec 17: 863 downloads
- Dec 18: 754 downloads
- Dec 19: 786 downloads
- Dec 20: 585 downloads
- Dec 21: 667 downloads
Total downloads to date: 18,359 (was 17,567 yesterday)
Wow, it’s after midnight, and there are already 303 downloads for the next day (I’m writing this after midnight, so I guess that’s really today). How is TOB so popular? I’m not sure, but here’s why I think the download numbers are staying up there:
- I’m using high quality audio equipment
- I play moving (emotional, uplifting) music for intro and outro
- I have a low radio voice
- I have a sense of humor that I’m sneaking in more and more
- I have gone the non-traditional route of interviewing without a guideline or pre-set questions. Not all the time, but sometimes
- I am good at editing, making it sound more natural, and less edited
- I have good keywords in my titles
- I have good content, almost like a variety show
- I’ve been told several times by guests that the interview was “fun”, so it’s possible it’s also fun to listen to
- I add professional touches where I can like bleeping out expletives and timing music to start and end appropriately
- I change up my intro with every new release
- And I don’t upload it until I’m comfortable with how the whole show sounds (everything is tied together with the music, the timing is good, and the content is relevant)
Otherwise, maybe I have a good formula I shouldn’t mess with. Though,I’m still going to experiment as much as possible before the N & N cliff.
Hybrid Connect Error : Connector could not be found